18th International Smalltalk Joint Conference - Call for Contributions
Barcelona, SpainSeptember 13 - 17, 2010; Camp Smalltalk September 11-12
This call includes:
- Developer program
- Free ESUG tickets
- Business day 16th of September (sponsored by Cincom Smalltalk)
- International Workshop
- Student Volunteer
- Camp Smalltalk 11-12 September 2010
For the past 18 years, the European Smalltalk User Group (ESUG) has organised the International Smalltalk Conference, a lively forum on cutting edge software technologies that attract people from both academia and industry for a whole week. The attendees are both engineers using Smalltalk in business and students and teachers using Smalltalk both for research and didactic purposes.
As every year, this year's edition of the largest European Smalltalk event will include the regular Smalltalk developers conference with renowned invited speakers, a Smalltalk camp that proves fruitful for interactions and discussions. Besides, this year will be held the:
- 6th edition of the Innovation Technology Awards where prizes will be awarded to authors of best pieces of Smalltalk-related projects
- International workshop on Smalltalk and dynamic languages
New this year:
- There will be a business day: thursday 16th of September 2010. The focus will be on "Agile Development Processes and Smalltalk"
- ESUG will offer 10 free entrance tickets. To get a free ticket you should send a mail to the esug board (email@example.com)
Subject: [ESUG 2010 Free entrance] + your name
And you should write a small motivation.
You can support the ESUG conference in many different ways:
- Sponsor the conference. New sponsoring packages are described at http://www.esug.org/supportesug/becomeasponsor/
- Submit a talk, a software or a paper to one of the events. See below.
- Attend the conference. We'd like to beat the previous record of attendance (156 participants at Brest and 170 people at Amsterdam)!
- Students can get free registration and hosting if they enroll into the the Student Volunteers program. See below.
Developers Forum: International Smalltalk Developers Conference
This year we are looking for YOUR experience on using Smalltalk. In addition, we are looking for tutorials. The list of topics includes, but is not limited to the following:
- XP practices
- Development tools
- Experience reports
- Model driven development
- Web development
- Team management
- New libraries & frameworks
- Educational material
- Embedded systems and robotics
- SOA and Web services
- Interaction with other programming languages
Submissions due on 1 July 2010. Notification of acceptance on 15 of July 2010
More information at http://www.esug.org/conferences/2010
How to submit?
Pay attention: the places are limited so do not wait till the last minute to apply. Prospective presenters should submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com following the template below. Please use this template since the emails will be automatically processed!
Subject: [ESUG 2010 Developers] + your name
Email where you can always be reached:
Any presentation not respecting this form will be discarded automatically
Innovation Technology Award
We are proud to announce the 6th Innovation Technology Awards. The top 3 teams with the most innovative software will receive, respectively, 500 Euros, 300 Euros and 200 Euros during an awards ceremony at the conference. Developers of any Smalltalk-based software are welcome to compete. This year we will request 3-5min videos. More information here.
Student Volunteer Program
If you are a student wanting to attend ESUG, have you considered being a student volunteer? Student volunteers help keep the conference running smoothly; in return, they have free accommodations, while still having most of the time to enjoy the conference.
More information at:
We hope to see you there and have fun together.