Aida/web Application server and Web framework is released for Squeak/Pharo and Visualworks.
What's new in 6.1?
- Inline translation to multiple languages: to translate your web applications to other languages inline by just clicking the text on the page. Translation is immediately stored in class methods on your web app classes.
- Standalone web apps, no link to the domain model needed
- Ajaxified input validation
- Action blocks (aka callbacks)
- Routing of web requests
- Static serving moved to a special StaticServer class
- IE8 support in IE7 emulation mode to avoid manual checking of IE8 Compatibility view
- AdvancedSearch widget introduced, for easier implementation of advanced search in web apps
- Email messenger introduced for easier sending emails with notifications and similar from your web apps
- RegistrationApp, a standalone web app to guide the user registration process
- Pluggable authentication, with default authenticator from local security settings included, LDAP authenticator as add-on.
See the release notes for detailed list of all new features and bugs resolved, with most important ones emphasized at http://www.aidaweb.si/release-notes-6.1.
For Squeak/Pharo there is now a Metacello configuration available. To install for instance Pharo just evaluate this script:
Gofer new squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository'; package: 'ConfigurationOfAida'; load.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) project version: '6.1') load. SwazooAida demoStart.
Download at http://www.aidaweb.si/download.html